Planning: Prop Planning

For my music video, one of the main features includes the glass animal figures. I decided to visit one of the local car boot sales and thought I'd wander around to see if I could find anything particular that could take part in my music video. Fortunately, I found some glass animal figures and decided to take these. Although they were most likely kept in the attic, they will require some cleaning. Apart from that, I believe that they are suitable to play the roles. Their scale is satisfactory as I was hoping to scale down the masked-out animals to this sort of size. Additionally, their stance won't be as hard to mimic with the real animals when I edit them morphing/melting from the glass state to coming them alive.

However, I have planned to feature two cats and a dog within my music video, and unfortunately I only managed to find one cat and two dogs (which differ in scale). In this case, I will have to search the internet for any glass cat that is in a similar style to the one in the photograph due to the weather getting colder and car boot sales stopping until spring. And if that doesn't work out, I may have to use the cat figure twice.
I think that one of the difficulties that I'm going to come across when filming the glass figures is the reflection of any movement that goes around the subject. In the previous years, I have experienced movement in reflections, such as people that took part in filming behind the camera appearing in blank monitors, which became distracting and the subject within the shot lost its focus from its audience.


Another prop that I had to plan out before filming was the choice of ice cream that I was going to include in my music video. I did a bit of research and went to a close-by groceries store and decided to visit the ice cream section. I considered the shape as I wanted to be able to create some sort of movement within the product, and I thought that the cone ones were able to roll due to their shape.

Additionally, this particular ice cream brand was one of the cheapest options, and because I was going to use just a few, perhaps even one cone, I thought it was practical to go for this option of ice cream to use for my music video.